Sunday, July 21, 2013

DIY Makeup Brush Holder

I really needed some place to keep my makeup brushes, while being organized & stylish. I had been seeing all these post of mason jars dressed up & I loved how easy & simple they were. 

I started with a plain mason jar(we have tons of them around our place because my grandma use to can veggies) & some DecoArt Crafters Acrylic Paint(color is called Tutti Fruitti).

I would put a bit of the paint in the jar & rotate it every few minutes so the paint would coat the whole inside of the jar.

I continued to do so until I got the whole inside covered, then I turned the jar upside-down on w styrofoam plate for the excess paint to drip out. I had to wait for about 12 hours for all of it to come out. I turned it right side-up & let it dry for a few more hours. Added the brushes & hello there adorable!


 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Paige! Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog. :) I love that brush holder; what a great idea!

    Lauren
    Style of One's Own

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. You seem like a great girl & I didn't want you to be sad :).
      & thank you!! It comes in handy lol.

      Delete
  2. This makeup brush holder turned out really well! I also love the black and white damask pattern that the jar is sitting on-- not sure if it's the counter top or something else, but it's way cute!

    Megan
    Never Finished

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Actually what it's sitting on is a coat rack that I haven't hung up yet lol. I wish the countertop was like that

      Delete